37 Otets Paisiy St.
tel. 032/26 39 06
- 19.00 – 4.00 Boris Rokanov: "13 states of an art critic”, acrylic paint, crayons and charcoal on corrugated cardboard.
- 19.00 Exhibition opening.
- 21.00 Film screening: “One poet, one reader” – all a poet needs is a reader – concept by Boris Rokanov / Nedyalko Slavov, directed by Slava Slavova.
- 00.00 Music and poetry: "Over a serving of byalo sladko", [kursiv!] with Sofia Nestorova, Yordan Velchev, Alexander Sekoulov, Todor Chonov, Svetla Karayaneva, Roumen Zhekov, Stanimir Videv and Bai Petko (cymbals).
Old Town, 1 Vassil Kunchev St.
tel. 032/63 80 55
- 20.00 – 03.00 “Tsarevo 2007 Plein Air” – oil paintings and sculpture by Vassilka Moneva, Vesko Velev, Dimitar Rashkov, Mihaela Ivanova, Mihail Lalov, Nikolai Yanakiev, Petar Michev, Roumen Nechev, Stanimir Videv and Stoyan Zavarinov. Co-orginised with Art Plyus Gallery.
- 20.00 Ehibition opening and screening of EVROCOM TV’s documentary about the Tsarevo plein air.
- 20.00 – 22.00 Katya Raikova (flute) and Zhivko Bratanov (piano), classical music.
- 22.00 – 24.00 „The Concert with the White Paper Lamps” – Miroslava Katsarova (jazz vocals), Yavor Dimitrov (piano), Red One (beat box).
- 20.00 – 3.00 Paintings by the well-known Bulgarian artist Encho Pironkov, permanent exhibition.
- 20.30 „Day and Night”, fashion design by students of the Kolorit Studio, City Gallery Plovdiv, Sevliya Todorova (team leader).
Art Plyus Gallery
16 Zhelezarska St., 2nd floor
tel. 032/630 456, 0888 329 009
- 20.00 – 24.00 Anniversary exhibitions of Stoyan Zavarinov – sculpture, and Boris Bogdanov – oil painting.
Born in Plovdiv, Stoyan Zavarinov is known for his large-scale reliefs and sculptures, many of them owned by private collectors in the U.S., France, Belgium, Germany and Greece. He teaches at the Secondary School of Art in Plovdiv.
Boris Bogdanov is a graphic designer who lives and works in Plovdiv. Many of his works are owned by galleries and private collectors throughout the European Union and the U.S.
Art Spectar Gallery
68 Iztochen Blvd.
tel. 032/ 62 15 71, 0896 62 61 77
- 20. 00 – 3.00 „Almost White”, sculpture by prof. Stefan Lyutakov.
- 20.00 Exhibition opening.
- 21. 30 – „An Idea for Ten Pianos”, ten pianists from Plovdiv perform works by Queen, ABBA, Bethoven, Bach, Scott Joplin and others arranged by Vesselin Koichev.
1a Stefan Stambolov Sq.
tel. 032 511 147
- 20.00 – 2.00 Oil paintings by the well-known Plovdivian artist Iliya Zhelev who will be on site throughout the evening.
- 20.00 Exhibition opening and screening of “The Process”, a documentary about Iliya Zhelev’s creative process.
- 21.00 Lithography demonstration on lithographic press by the professional printer Spas Halachev from the Graphic Studio Association (in the square in front of gallery). Prints by Iliya Zhelev will be on sale at discount.
Association of Plovdiv Artists
32 Gladston St.
tel. 032/62 27 54
- 18.00 – 03.00 „Oil Painting Symposium Smolyan 2007”, works by Vihra Grigorova, Ivan Genov, Itsko Maznev, Kolyo Mishev, Matey Mateev, Milena Misheva, Nikolai Kuchkov, Nikolai Nyagolov and Stanimir Videv.
- 18.00 – 03.00 „Black-and-White Drawing Symposium Smolyan”, works by Bisser Damyanov, Vanya Damyanova, Vladimir Genadiev, Dimitar Apostolov, Lyubomir Krustev, Mihail Zamov, Monica Romenska, Petar Lazarov, Stefan Nenov and Yanko Nenov.
- 18.00 Exhibition opening.
The two symposia are co-organised with the Orpheus Centre for Health and Longevity.
Atanas Krustev – Nacho Kulturata House & Museum
The Red Pony Gallery in the Open
Old Town, 5A Dr. Stoyan Chomakov St.
tel. 032/625792, 0888 262615
- 21.00 – 3.00 „A Night in the Himalayas”, photo exhibition / happening by Bilyana Hinova. Biliyana Hinova, art director of Eva magazine, and her friends and partners – musician Nikolay Ivanov (OM), anti-fashion magazine Muhomorka, candle shops “Dar za gorene” and ayurveda chef Yury Kovachev – will take you on a trip to the high lands of the Himalayas at the Red Pony Gallery in the Open, the highest point of Plovdiv’s Old Town.
- 21.00 – 03.00 Presentation of Bilyana Hinova’s album “Children of the Himalayas” – photographs of more 250 Himalaya children. Proceeds will be used to support the school in the Himalaya village of Pengboche.
Old Town, 1 4th January St.
tel. 0888 64 68 45
- 20.00 – 2.00 Oil paintings, Roumen Tsvetkov.
- 20.00 Visitors’ studio: create a collage celebrating the Night of Museums and Galleries. Everyone invited, materials will be provided by the gallery.
The Avtograf specialises in presenting artists who are at the beginning of their careers or are little known by the public.
Old Town, 57 Konstantin Stoilov St.
- 20.00 – 3.00 National Autumn Exhibitions Plovdiv 2007: „From Alla Franca to Europe”, oil paintings by Hristo Stafanov – Sofia (Honarary Participation), prof. Vihrony Popnedelev – Sofia, Yordan Kalchev – Plovdiv, Gancho Karabadjakov – Arbanasi and the young artists Lyuba Surdanova – Boston, and Polina Stancheva -- Plovdiv, an exhibition curated by Svetla Moskova. A meeting with Hristo Stefanov.
- 20.00 – 3.00 19th century Interior Decoration, a permanent exhibition in one of Old Plovdiv’s biggest and most beautiful houses.
- 20.00 “Music in red and black”, music and poetry by the new Bulgarian pop duo Rosso e Nero Production, contemporary arrangements of authentic Bulgarian folklore with elements of Bulgarian classical music.
- 20. 00 Wine tasting.
Banya Starinna – Centre for Contemporary Art
179 “6-ti septemvri" St.
tel. 032/63 88 68
- 20:00 – 2.00 „Bulgaria? ...Oh, yes, Bucurest!”, an exhibition within the Week of Contemporary Art 2007, organised by the Art Today Association, curated by Yana Kostova.
The exhibition deals with the problems of national and cultural identity in the age of globalisation through the lens of the common phenomenon of mistaking countries and nationalities on the basis of similar names (Slovenia/Slovakia) or common socio-political backgrounds (Bulgaria/Romania). Works by Anetta-Mona Chisa & Lucia Tkachova (Slovakia), Polonca Lovsin (Slovenia), Tomaz Tomaеzin (Slovenia), Mark Pozlep (Slovenia), Rada Boukova (Paris), Bilyana Velkova (Vancouver), Boryana Ventzislavova (Vienna), Daniela Kostova (New York), Boryana Rossa (New York), Oleg Mavroumati (New York), Nikolay Zanev (New York), Vladimir Mladenov (Hannover), Vesselina Sarieva (Plovdiv), Georgi Dimitrov (New Zealand / Sofia), Nina Kovacheva & Valentin Stefanoff (Paris), and Vlad Nanka, Ivan Mudov, Krasimir Terziev (Bulgarian-Romanian Union).
- 20:00 – 20:20 „Homecoming”, a performance by Bilyana Velkova (Vancouver) with the participation of the cheerleaders of the St. St. Cyril and Methodius Secondary High School, lead by Galina Angelova. Official opening of the evening.
- 20:30 – 22.00 „Blind Spot”, a film by Oleg Mavromati, premiere.
- 22:00 Screening of video works from the exhibition „Bulgaria? ...Oh, yes, Bucurest!” on the fasade of Banya Starinna.
12 Dr. Vulkovich St.
tel. 032/624047, 0899105675
- 20.00 – 02.00 Oil paintings by Ruslav Karadjov.
- 20.00 – 2.00 „Nemertini”, an Internet project by Dilyana Dineva and Vessela Mihaylova. Nemertini (www.nemertini.com) is a type of Internet “worm” made up of works created by different artists.
- 20:30 – 21:00 A performance by Georgi Atanasov – clarinet.
- 22.00 Everyone is invited to join in and make a contribution to a new Nemertini worm.
The Bovjel Gallery specialises in work by Bulgarian artists who are little known to the Plovdivian public.
Bulgaria’s Reunification of 1885 Permanent Exhibition
Regional History Museum
1 Saedinenie Sq.
tel. 032/62 94 09
- 18.00 – 20.00 „Bulgaria’s Reunification of 1885”, multimedia presentations of five projects by students of the Plovdiv Language School for use in the educational programmes of the Regional History Museum in Plovdiv, based on scripts provided by the museum.
- 18.00 – 2.00 ”Ivan Stoyanovich-Andjeleto”, personal belongings, photographs and documents, an exhibition about the life of this active participant in Bulgaria’s Reunification.
- 18.00 – 2.00 “Plovdiv in the 20th century”, reproductions of old photographs on sale.
- 23.00 „Midnight Meeting with Japan”, a multimedia presentation of the work of Japanese volunteers in Bulgaria. A documentary about Japan. A music performance by Mivako Kavahara – a volunteer at the Regional History Museum in Plovdiv.
City Gallery Plovdiv
15 Knyaz Alexander Batemberg St.
tel. 032/62 42 21
- 20.00 – 2.00 „Here“, sculpture and paintings by Milena Bochoukova (1st floor).
- 20.00 Opening of Milena Bochoukova’s exhibition. Meet the artist and talk with her about “The Beauty of Stone”. A performance by Yoana Strateva – violin, and Bozhidar Simov – guitar.
- 21.00 – 2.00 „From Plovdiv to Amsterdam“, oil paintings by Georgi Takev. The artist has lived and worked in Austria and Germany since 1980 (2nd floor).
- 21.00 Opening of Georgi Takev’s exhibition. Meet the artist and talk with him about contemporary art in Germany.
- 24.00 Flight over Plovdiv Award Ceremony. [kursiv] The metallurgical plant KCM 2000 S.A. will award the gallery/museum with best approach to the general public in the Night of Museums and Galleries Plovdiv 2007.
Old Town, 36 Konstantin Stoilov St.
tel. 032/ 63 88 68, 0888 52 92 24
- 20.00 – 03.00 „Small objects – short videos” – Emil Mirazchiev, Michel Brussiere (Canada), Sevdalina Kosovska, Samuil Stoyanov, Penka Mincheva, Plamena Racheva, Lora Parmakova, Roumen Zhekov, Elena Panayotova, Adelina Popnedeleva, Nadezhda Oleg Lyahova, Dimitar Mishevski, Ivan Moudov, Kalin Serapinov, Rob Kennedy (UK).
- 21.00 – 22.00 „An interview with the European Bear”, a performance by Emil Mirazchiev. The Euro bear will interview members of the audience. The bravest of them will be awarded with a star from the EU’s flag.
- 21.00 – 02.00 Short photo sessions: have your picture taken in the company of the Euro Bear (photos available on CD for 3 Euro per disc).
- 21.00 – 02.00 Screening of Adelina Popnedeleva’s video project “10 years of video art in Bulgaria”.
Sahattepe, 17 Angel Boukoureshtliev St.
tel. 032/ 651 068, 0886 271 068
- 20.00 – 2.00 „Water”, water colours by Andrey Yanev.
- 20.00 Exhibition opening.
Special guests: actors Elena and Krustyu Lafazanovi. Everyone buying a water colour will receive an official deed, signed by the actors, transferring the title to “a drop of the world’s water” to its new owner. Free postcards for everyone with water colours from Andrey Yanev’s trip to Sveta Gora, Greece.
Kapana, 14 Hristo Dyukmedjiev St.
tel. 0886 103 995
- 19.30 Poetry: Polina Stancheva reads from her books "Locked-up Oxygen” (1995) and „Spaces“ (2002).
- 20.00 Official opening of the Elista Gallery with the exhibition “Moods”: oil paitings and sculpture by the well-known Bulgarian artists: prof. Svetlin Roussev, prof. Dessislava Mincheva, prof. Ivailo Mirchev, Kalina Tasseva, prof. Dimitar Cholakov, Vladimir Penev, Kolyu Mishev, Milena Misheva, Eli Stancheva, Polina Stancheva, Vihra Grigorova, Zdravka Vassileva, Yordan Kalchev, Dimitar Vitkov, Monica Romenska, Milena Bochoukova, Atanas Moskov and Georgi Moskov.
- 18.00 – 19.00 “My City”, a drawing competition for children. Materials will be provided by the gallery.
- 19.00 – 19.30 Displaying the drawings. Award ceremony.
Old Town, 2 Dr. Stoyan Chomakov St.
tel. 032/625 654, 032 626 328
- 20.00 – 03.00 “The Cinema Centre presents”: costumes, furniture, props and weapons from popular Bulgarian films of the 20th century (“Kaloyan”, “Boris І”, “Khan Asparouh”, “The Golden Age”, “Times of Division”, “The Day of the Rulers” and others). The exhibition is part of the donation recently made to the National History Museum in Sofia by Boyana Film whose aim is to raise awareness of the need for a Bulgarian cinema museum.
- 20.00 – 3.00 “Life and culture in Plovdiv and the Plovdiv region” – crafts, agricultural tools, traditional city and village wear, textiles, musical instruments, etc., permanent exhibition.
- 20.30 Demonstration of costumes of well-known characters from Bulgarian films (in the museum’s garden).
- 21.30 Rock concert.
George Papazov Salon for Contemporary Art
92 Hristo Botev Blvd. (Rilon Centre)
tel. 032/655 099
- 20.00 – 02.00 Oil paintings by the well-known Plovdivian artist Valeri Tsenov.
- 20.00 Exhibition opening and presentation of the artist’s new catalogue.
- 20.00 – 02.00 Music performances by students of the Dobrin Petkov National Music School.
Georgi Bozhilov–Slona Gallery
Future for Bulgaria Foundation
Old Town, 1 Knyaz Tseretelev St.
tel. 032/27 31 45
- 20.00 – 03.00 “Aton in Bulgarian culture and literature”, photography – a project of the Department of New Bulgarian Studies at the New Bulgarian University, Mihail Nedelchev (project leader). With the support of the American Foundation for Bulgaria (on display in the garden and on the patio outside).
- 20.00 Presentation of the book “Pilgrims’ Travelogues from Sveta Gora 1844 – 2007”, travelogues by Victor Grigorovich, Nikolai Blagoveshtenski, Tsanko Lavrenov, Ivan Lazarov, Vesselin Sariev and others, introduced by Mihail Nedelchev, Department of New Bulgarian Studies, New Bulgarian University.
- 22.00 “The Long Farewell”, a documentary about Georgi Bozhilov—Slona, directed by Kosta Bikov, screening of interviews with the artist from the 80ies and the 90ies.
Regional History Museum
Bulgarian Revival Exhibition
Old Town, 1 Tsanko Lavrenov St.
tel. 032/62 33 78
- 19.00 – 3.00 “The Bulgarian Revival”, a permanent exhibition about the last century of Ottoman rule in the Bulgarian lands and Bulgarians’ struggle for independence, newly updated.
- 19.00 – 3.00 “Moments from 2007”, photography by Elena Ilieva, an exhibition. Exhibition opening – 19.00.
- 19.00 Orthodox chants performed by the Plovdiv Seminary Choir.
Kapana, 30 Raiko Daskalov St.
tel. 032/62 46 43, 0887 64 50 27
- 20.00 – 2.00 “Icons of Virgin Mary”, an exhibition (in the icon gallery).
- 20.00 Exhibition opening and lecture by theologian Nedyalko Dimitrov.
- 20.00 – 02.00 Three artists demonstrate their craft: Nevena Chavdarova will model with clay modelling, Svetlozar Chavdarov will paint on Chinese paper and Marchela Dimitrova will paint on silk.
- 20.00 – 02.00 Latino music performed by Svetlozar Stoilov – paino. Wine tasting, Puldin Winery, Perushtitsa.
- 18.00 – 20.00 ”Holes in the Road: a Colourful Journey” – Let’s paint all the road holes in Bratya Poulievi St., the stretch between the Magelan bookshop and the Main Street (meet in front of the bookshop, 1 Bratya Poulievi St.). Jointly organised by the Heros Gallery and the Magelan bookshop, with the support of Ivel eco paints.
Old Town, 22 Saborna St.
tel. 032/62 60 86
- 20.00 – 3.00 „Night Guard“, portraits of Bulgarian revolutionaries from the Revival period, oil paintings by Georgi Chipilev. Co-organised with the George Papazov Gallery.
- 20.00 – 3.00 „The Bible“, rare and valuable editions, an exhibition.
- 20.00 Exhibition opening. Performance by the Sveta Troitsa church choir conducted by Vessela Geleva.
- 18.00 – 20.00 „My favourite saint“, paintings by the students from Assenovgrad’s Pustrotsvet group, group leader Georgi Koroychev.
Lautliev Photographic Gallery
Kapana, 11a Zlatarska St.
tel. 032/63 02 02
- 19.00 – 2.00 „Tradition and Classicism”, photographs from the 20th century, Lotte Mihailova, Todor Yankov, Pedro Lluis Raota (Argentina), Ivan Goldberg (USA), Diana Stamatova, Antanas Sutkus (Litva), Bert Dankert (Belgium).
- 21.00 Official opening of the Lautliev Gallery and the exhibition “Tradition and Classicism”.
- 22.30 – 24.00 „Brazil, music and ...caiperigna”, slide show in the open of photography by Plovdivian artist Sonya Stankova (in front of the gallery).
The Lautliev Gallery specialises in photography and art on paper.
5 Krivolak St.
- 20.00 – 3.00 “Dimitar Ugrinov (1954 – 2004)”, oil paintings, water colours and wood sculptures, a retrospective exhibition. The themes in the work of Blagoevgrad artist Dimitar Ugrinov – first love, man and earth, man and the animals, motherhood, childhood – are all related to one great overarching theme – man and woman as a world in and of themselves, a world of love, tenderness and care.
Mexican Art Permanent Exhibition
Tsanko Lavrenov Permanent Exhibition
Old Plovdiv, 11 Artin Gidikov St.
tel. 032/62 87 45
- 20.00 – 3.00 National Autumn Exhibitions Plovdiv 2007: Mosaics by Vladimir Damyanov (Plovdiv).
- 20.00 – 3.00 National Autumn Exhibitions Plovdiv 2007: Oil paintings by Atanas Atanassov (Sofia).
- 20.00 – 3.00 Mexican art, permanent exhibition.
- 20.00 – 3.00 Works by the well-known Plovdivian artist Tsanko Lavrenov, permanent exhibition.
- 20.00 – 3.00 „Orthodox Christianity in Poland“, photo exhibition, presented by the Polish Cultural Centre. Exhibition opening – 20.00
- 20.15 Performance by the Evmolpeya choir (Municipality of Plovdiv) conducted by Rada Slavinska.
- 21.00 и 23.30 Performance and workshop by Gzegos Kravec (Poland), guitar
- 21.30 “Light”, a light show by Nikolai Kuchkov, Yanko Nenov, Monica Romenska, Veneta Marinova, Svilen Kostadinov and Iliana Manourova (in the garden).
- 22.00 Nocturnal concert of students of the Dobrin Petkov National Music School.
- 22.30 Performance by the Ivan Spassov choir.
Natural Science Museum
34 Hristo G. Danov St.
tel. 032 626 683;
- 18:00 – 03:00 Displays on geology, botany, invertebrates, vertebrates (fish, fluvioterrestrials and reptiles), birds and mammals.
Plovdiv’s Natural History Museum is the second largest in the country, with displays illustrating the great variety of flora and fauna in Bulgaria and the world.
- 18:30 – 19:00 „How to build and maintain a fish tank”, a lecture.
- 19:30 – 20:00 Repetition of the lecture.
Philippopolis Gallery and Art Museum
Old Town, 29 Saborna St.
tel: 032/ 62 29 63
- 19.00 – 24.00 Oil paintings by Teofan Sokerov.
- 20.00 – 24.00 Performance by Petar Salchev (jazz vocals), on the terrace of the café.
- 19.00 – 20.00 Children’s songs performed by the Slavena choir, conducted by Miroslav Karadelev.
83 Maritsa Blvd., under Pedestrian Bridge
tel. 032/95 06 08
- 20.00 – 03.00 Works by 12 artists from Stara Zagora: oil, sculpture and crayons.
- 20.30 - 21.30 Poetry reading by one of the artists in the exhibition – Valentin Donchevski.
- 22.00 – 23.00 Original music (songs) by Valentin Donchevski, with guitar accompaniment.
- 23.30 – until the gallery closes: Meeting with Valentin Donchevski, performances of favourite songs, choice of the audience.
- 18.00 – 20.00 Draw-on-a-white-napkin competition (crayons and markers).
- 18.00 – 20.00 Small sculpture competition (clay and play dough).
Materials will be provided by the gallery. There will be 3 awards in each competition.
Sariev Gallery for Contemporary Ceramics
40 Otets Paisiy St., (near the Odeon)
tel. 0888 520375, 0888 221302
- 20.00 - 03.00 JUST ARRIVED, contemporary Dutch Design. The Sariev Gallery and NLStudio, the Netherlands, present world famous Dutch Designers Ineke Hans, Demakersvan, Marcel Wanders, Bertjan Pot and Richard Hutten. The “Center Pieces “ Collection, Limited edition, specially designed for Cor Unum contemporary ceramics will be presented in Plovdiv, after Milan and New York.
- 21.00 Official opening of the exhibition JUST ARRIVED. Screening of a documentary on how "Center Pieces " are created and produced.
- 21.00 – 22.00 Dimitar Delchev will transform the wine from the Just Arrived party into a piece of jewelry – join the demonstration to see how liquid turns into a wearable.
- 21.00 – 00.00 “Dobre doshli”, cosmic sound sets by DJ Robothko (BG)
- 22.30 "Opening the Suitcases", a project for LLOYDHOTEL, Amsterdam. Artists and designers from Bulgaria are invited to bring their work of art or design to be packed into LLOYDHOTEL’s suitcases and presented at an exhibition with the same title in Amsterdam. Two of the artists will be invited for the exhibition’s opening.
Saxonia-Anhalt Centre for Meetings
7a Ekzarh Yosif St.
- 18.00 – 23.00 Works by students of the National Secondary School for Stage and Screen Arts (NSSSSA).
- 18.30 Live show of costumes and masks by students of NSSSSA. Short improvisations. Repeat 19.30.
- 18.00 Make-up demonstrations by students of the National Secondary School for Stage and Screen Arts.
- 18.00 Questionnaire on German arts.
- 19.50 Questionnaire awards.
Old Town, 8 Strumna St.
tel. 032/ 652 389
- 20.00 – 03.00 Tsvyatko Siromashki, sculpture and Milen Siromashki, oil paintings.
- 21.00 – 23.00 Live modelling studio. Screening of documentaries on the work of Tsvyatko Siromashki.
- 18.00 – 20.00 Children’s modelling studio, with the help and support of sculptor Tsvyatko Siromashki. Materials will be provided by the gallery.
11 Krakra St.
tel. 032/63 22 33, 032/26 70 59, 0888 668523
- 20.00 – 03.00 “Treasured Plovdiv Archives”, photographs, documents, rare and valuable books, seals, maps, manuscripts, designs and drawings of and by well-known artists and personalities from Plovdiv and the region. The exhibition commemorates the 55th anniversary of the Plovdiv State Archives.
- 21.00 “Retro-documentaries”, screening of documentaries from the archives of the film club at the former People’s Army House (Military Club) in Plovdiv:
“Children of the Complex” – about the first stages in the construction of the Trakia residential complex (7 min).
“Celebrations in the Old Town” (15 min)
“Reincarnation” – about the discovery and renovation of Plovdiv’s Roman Theatre (15 min).
Two of the films will be shown on authentic cine-machine. Meeting with the directors.
Terra Art Gallery
9a Zlatyu Boyadjiev St.
tel. 032/94 06 37, 0878 33 00 59
- 20.00 – 03.00 “Silhouettes”, abstract compositions by Vassil Tenev – masterful mixes of material, texture and colour.
Projects in the open (corner of Zlatyu Boyadjiev St. and Marie Curie St.):
- 20.00 – 03.00 “Pathways”, an installation – a visual story by Teodora Lazarova, Irina Plamenova and Vassil Tenev about the traces left on a crossroad.
- 0.30 – 1.00 Excerpt from the play “Sex, Drugs and Rock’n’roll” by Eric Bogosian performed by Hristov Nedkov and directed by Stefan Delev.
- 1.00 – 1.45 “Voices”, a sound performance with actors Georgi Georgiev, Elizabeta Stefanovska, Konstantin Ikonomov, Lora Motisheva, Maria Stancheva, Martin Karov and Kalin Angelov.
Trakart Cultural Centre
тел. 032/63 13 03
- 19.00 Performance by the Evmolpeya choir (Municipality of Plovdiv) conducted by Rada Slavinska.
- 20.00 – 2.00 „Five decks of Tarot cards”, prints and drawings by Atanas Atanasov of cards designed by him for the Italian publisher "Lo Scarabeo" and inspired by works of Leonardo, Botticelli, Bosch, Klimt, Mantegna and others.
- 21.00 – 2.00 Contemporary clothing inspired by Renaissance fashion, drawings, by Maria Ivanova and Anton Anastasov.
- 21.00 Exhibition opening and live show of some of the designs. Repeat 23.00.
- 18.00 – 18:30 Modern dance performances by the Esprit group lead by Radka Atanasova.
- 18.30 – 20.00 Live children’s studio: make your own collage with paper, textiles and cardboard. Materials will be provided on site. Jointly organised with the Kolorit Studio.
Old Town, 1 Stoyan Chalukov St.
tel. 032/ 635339, 0889822640
- 19.00 – 3.00 „Live Revival”, artists’ studio on the theme of „An animal that loves us”. Artists Vladimir Genadiev and Dimitar Rashkov draw their favorite animal types; painter Ivan Chakurov will demonstrate his craft and Silviya Pavlova hand-paints on silk scarves.
- 19.00 – 3.00 „Horses or Freedom”, oil paintings by Matei Mateev – on wild horses and freedom.
- 19.00 – 3.00 Wine tasting, Vila Vinifera Winery.
Zlatyu Boyadjiev Permanent Exhibition
Old Town, 18 Saborna St.
- 18.00 – 02.00 Works by the master of Bulgarian oil painting Zlatyu Boyadjiev, permanent exhibition.
- 18.00 – 02.00 Plein air for adults and children. Do come and join us. Materials will be provided by the museum.
Projects in the Open
Atanas Krustev Square (Lapidarium)
Old Town, across from Balabanov’s House
- 22.00 – 2.00 „Nocturnal Act” – a plein air. Let’s make the biggest painting in the Night of Museums and Galleries Plovdiv 2007! With the participation of students from the Plovdiv Academy of Arts, The National Secondary High School of Stage and Screen Arts and the Tsanko Lavrenov Secondary School of Fine Arts.
Tripods, materials and lighting will be provided by the Old Town authorities.
Central Railway Station, Waiting Area
Hristo Botev Blvd.
- 19.00 – 3.00 „Which city is this?”, a photo exhibition by Iva Bratanova.
Every Bulgarian town has its own share of visual leftovers from the socialist period. The pictures in this exhibition were made in 2007 but the images take you to the 80ies, or earlier, into a world of signboards and neon lights of non-existing companies, shops and services. Visitors are invited to try and guess the city where the pictures were taken by filling in a questionnaire.
- 19.00 Exhibition opening. Meeting with the artist.
Djumaya Mosque Gardens
Corner of Saborna St. and Otets Paisiy St.
- 8.00 – 3.00 “Clean”, a light installation by Ina Damyanova.
„Clean” is a light sculpture – a huge water drop grounded in concentric circles of light which creates the illusion of circulating water. Clean as water, clean as a tear drop, clean as love and the beginning of all things.
- 21.00 Opening of the installation and meeting with the artist.
Tsar Simeon’s Gardens
- 18.00 – 22.00 35 posters from the exhibition „German art influences in Plovdiv before 1944” will be displayed on a rope running from the Gardens’ southern end towards the offices of the Saxonia-Anhalt Centre for Meetings in 7a Ekzarh Yosif St.
Drama Theatre Plovdiv
38 Knyaz Alexander I St.
tel. 032/ 62 40 54, 032/62 48 67
- 20.00 – 21.40 “Mission Othello” – a performance conceived by Boyan Ivanov and Alexey Kozhuharov, set and costumes by Elitsa Georgieva, with actors Alexey Kozhuharov, Anelia Tasheva, Georgi Vachev, Elena Kabasakalova, Lyudmila Slanvea–LOCO, Marin Mladenov, Maria Gencheva, Maria Stancheva, Simeon Alexiev and Troyan Gogov.
- 21.40 – 23.30 The American Foundation for Bulgaria screens award-winning short films from the Ranno Pile Student Film Festival:
“Claustrophobia” (4’), National Drama and Film Academy, Grand Prix from the first edition of the festival, directed by Chavdar Chernev, written by Vera Moutafchiyska, camera by Anna Andreeva;
„Minutes after that” (18’), National Drama and Film Academy, Grand Prix from the second edition of the festival, written and directed by Nikolai Todorov, camera by Dian Zagorchinov;
„Dotted Line” (30’), National Drama and Film Academy, directed by Chavdar Chernev, camera by Anna Andreeva;
„Hotel, pigeons” (26’), National Drama and Film Academy, Best Director Award from the second edition of the festival, directed by Dimitar Sardjev;
„Winterlong” (17’), National Drama and Film Academy, Chairman of the Jury’s Award from the second edition of the festival, written and directed by Timo Puukko (Finland), camera by Alexander Stanishev.
„Mechanism” (6’), National Drama and Film Academy, Best Cinematographer Award from the second edition of the festival, written and directed by Andrey Rashev, camera by Andrey Rashev.
„Biped” (5’), animation, Art College for Film and Video Arts, Best Script Award from the second edition of the festival, written and directed by Borislav Ingilozov;
- 02.00 DJ DOMU – Official closing party of the Night of Museums and Galleries Plovdiv 2007, co-organised by Cotton Records and Magazine 1 (entrance of 10 leva per person).
Kapana, 8 Georgi Benkovski St.
tel. 0889 49 67 50
- 19.00 – 4.00 “Portal”, oil paintings by George Sopadjiev.
- 19.00 Exhibition opening.
- 24.00 “A Day and a Night at 6 Shipka St., Sofia. Remember Sofia Underground!”, a documentary about the performance festival of the same name held in Sofia in May 2007, premiere. A meeting with the festival’s curators Rouen Rouenov and Yovo Panchev. A warm-up programme of archive videos from the Sofia Underground festival.
Started in 1997, Sofia Underground is the only festival of contemporary art in Bulgaria. 25 projects and more than 80 artists participated in its 2007 edition, in front of an audience of 2000.
Petnoto na Rorschach Club
Kapana, 36 Yoakim Gruev St.
tel. 0898 54 27 87
- 20:00 – 2:00 „Mobile Spaces”, interactive installations by Raicho Stanev and Svetlana Mircheva. Colours, forms, spaces and …errors.
„Composition”, Raicho Stanev.
A composition of two dimensional forms which can be manipulated by the observer into new, mobile spaces. The work has its structure and logic but is also open to influence and development.
„Errors”, Svetlana Mircheva.
"Mistakes" is a collection of images generated by the artist’s computer while trying to open a corrupt jpg file. The project is a visual exploration of a software error and an experiment in impractical application of new technologies.
- 20:00 – 21:00 Opening of the installations and meeting with the artists
- 20.00 – 22.00 Katya Atanassova, Radoslav Paroushev and Bogdan Roussev read from Bogdan Roussev's novel "Ela pri men".
Studio Nо. 9
9 Magura St., behind Makalali Club
- 18.00 – 24.00 A night of art and entertainment at the studio of artists Natasha Kyupova and David Heywood.
“Process art”, a preview of 20 works by David Heywood (UK) to be shown at the Art Alley Gallery in Sofia during the new season. David Heywood has lived and worked in Bulgaria since 2000.
- 21.30 Exhibition opening.
- 22.30 Live music: presentation of Iliyan Tuntev’s recent album "Drunk and disordered".
Hotel Trimontzium Princess
2 Kapitan Raicho St.
tel. 032/60 50 00
- 20.00 – 2.00 "Contact", sculpture – stone, metal and ceramics – by Evelina Petkova, Sarkis Nersessyan and Vyacheslav Esenkov (lobby bar, foyer and terrace).
Organised jointly with George Papazov Gallery and Art Plyus Gallery.
Zlatyu Boyadjiev House and Studio
28 Zlatyu Boyadjiev St., near the Novotel
- 20.00 – 03.00 A first opportunity for the public to see the frescos in the garden of the studio where famous Plovdivian artist Zlatyu Boyadjiev worked until the end of his life. The frescoes, painted in 1973, cover the walls and the ceiling of the studio’s outside toilet and extend to the wall facing the street.
- 20.00 – 21.00 “101 Portraits by Zlatyu Boyadjiev”, directed by Venelin Vassilev and Zlatin Boyadjiev.
- 21.30 – 22.00 “Don’t Give Up”, directed by Hristo Hristov.
- 22.30 – 23.00 “Passing”, direkted by Ljubomir Popov
The opening of Zlatyu Boyadjiev’s House and Studio is jointly organised by the Теrra Art Gallery, the Open Arts Foundation and Organising Committee of the Night of Museums and Galleries, with the support of Georgi Boyadjiev and the Plovdiv branch of the Bulgarian National Television.